Saturday, November 14, 2009

Work is stressful. The economy is stressful. Family is stressful. Having animals is stressful. Politics are stressful. War is stressful. Just about everything is stressful. Even taking a walk can feel stressful and forced. But that's what I had to do tonight and I'm so grateful that I did.

While visiting my mom I was getting antsy knowing I've got to work tomorrow and it's a 15 hour day. Work has occupied 90% of my weekend time for months. It's not healthy and it's making me sick. Tonight I was feeling boxed in at my mom's apartment so I went for a walk. By myself, down the streets of Big Rapids. What I discovered was that I needed that alone time. That time away from my brother, my mom, anyone with me, the dogs...anyone that I would feel responsible for while they were with me. I needed time to just take care of myself. What a difference it makes. I haven't done that in months. I always at least have the dogs with me and have to watch them. This was different. I was able to smile at people and say hello as we passed. The sky was clear, sun going down, becoming dusk, warm pleasant evening. Noticed the smells, the sounds, buildings and people I wouldn't have taken time to notice before. My physical self feels much less tight, less pained, tired in a good way, not fatigued and restless.

It's never good to forget to take care of yourself, or if you remember to, don't deny it for too long. It's crucial.

thank You for quiet and alone, solitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home