Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Coming out of a funk (basically dealing with depression on any level) takes will and effort. It is much easier to give in to distraction and wallow. I've been busy and distracted lately and now that I am less busy I find that I have been allowing myself to slip. I don't know what causes the sense of dread, being overwhelmed, agitation, restless sleep. Tears are always just below the surface and at some point one has to give permission to release them. A person also needs to admit when they have little will or strength to fight and ask for help. It's often as simple as someone trustworthy to talk with. Prayer is helpful but not always tangible and often I find that I want things concrete. Sometimes it's as simple as knowing someone else can somehow relate to you. Misery does love company after all. That can be a good thing if it's to help the other person back to well being.

Peace.

I have a friend who at 9,000' in the mountains slid his truck off the road and wound up rolling down the embankment over a couple of boulders. He said his seatbelt saved him. He's got years of rock climbing experience and is in great shape and was able to climb out of the ravine. There was no one else on the road and the weather was near white out conditions. He's blessed to be alive. I'm grateful he's alive. The road he was driving has been closed for the season under 2 1/2 feet of fresh snow. It won't be open again until May when they will go back up and try to winch his truck out of the ravine. He wants to snowmobile it up there and get some of his equipment out of his truck. Russ is a nut. I'm glad he's safe. 

Protection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home