Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I am listening to Jane Siberry's "Shushan The Palace". It's full of music for Christmas and does not shy away from the Christ, Mary, or Joseph. It's really quite beautiful. Understanding Siberry herself escapes me. A while back she changed her name to "Issa" after seeing it on a billboard or wall and liking it. She pronounces it "eesa" or something like that. If you google Issa you find it has to something to do with cleaning products. She has recently changed her name back to Jane Siberry which I'm grateful for. She says it's the same, but different. My understanding is that she has sold all of her possessions, lives where she can, records when she can, offers nearly all of her music catalog free or at whatever price you choose to pay because she feels it is the right thing to do. Who am I to argue? That's how I'm listening to "Shushan" right now. I'm hoping changing her name back to Jane Siberry will make her music more tangible to me as I have to admit her one "Issa" recording that I purchased has been listened to from beginning to end only once and even then it was without much attention. It just didn't catch me. Her latest offering is and "Issa" recording and it's pricey to get the physical music. $24 US to aquire the latest cd from cdbaby. I could download it for half that but at this point I feel it would just be to complete having the Sib/Issa music and I haven't been able to justify that yet.

It's really amazing how focused on the Christ child "Shushan" is.

I can relate to wanting to be someone else other than who one is. There are days I would change my name and persona and never go back. Or that's what it seems but then again, I might just go back to myself after a few months and be done with the change. My name given by the Creator is likely nothing I've ever heard before anyway and that won't change. Real change doesn't come with a name change, it comes from within. So now the Christmas tree is up at work, presents are sorted, kids are excited, staff is exhausted, and I'm just hoping that I can have Christmas eve off to celebrate a Christmas service in Lansing with my family. I haven't wanted anything for Christmas this year. I want to live differently than I have in the past, better, more focused on others and acting on that.

And I'm hoping my fruitcake from my cousin Cindy in AZ has arrived today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home