Friday, December 04, 2009

I'm getting a fruitcake this year. I know because my cousin, Cindy, who lives in Arizona and teaches at the University of Phoenix asked me if I would like one and I responded that yes I would. It's an exciting thing, someone taking the time to make something for me. Cindy puts much effort into her fruitcakes and they are nothing like the ones you purchase at the store. She uses tasty fruits, real butter, great ingredients and it's very delicious. She's taken years to find a recipe that she likes and excitedly makes for others. It would be shameful to turn down the offer.

It's actually much more than a fruitcake. It represents the time that has passed since we've last been able to see each other. It is time taken away from a very busy schedule and dedicated to doing something thoughtful for someone else. It is a offering of caring and friendship. It is an expression of love and care and it is good.

So, you see, it is much more than just a fruitcake. It's nourishment on many levels and it's a gift freely given.

It's something so simple, yet so significant and I'm thankful for the offering.

Laugh at yourself and feel joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home