Thursday, January 14, 2010

The follow up with my doctor after Monday night's episode was this afternoon. The ER doctor had prescribed medication but my doctor decided against it since everything was normal with my blood pressure and heart rate this afternoon. I've got a months worth of blood pressure medication that I hopefully will not need to take.

We talked about my risk factors, family history, and he seems fairly confident that it was not my heart. He hesitated before saying something about my age and me not being "the healthiest man". My response was, "You mean I'm fat." He hemmed a bit and then answered, "Well, we can't say that...". I grinned and said, "Yes we can, and if you can't, I can. I know and I'm working on it." In fact, I have lost 10 pounds since I was last weighed. I'm kind of proud of that. Since I'm more focused on it right now I should be able to lose more and pretty quickly. After all, I've got a jump start that I feel pretty good about. More exercise, better eating, and some weights should help out quite a bit.

I have a treadmill stress test scheduled for Tuesday. These tests are much more involved than I ever would have imagined and they take at least half the day. So I am taking the day off from work on Tuesday.

I'm grateful that it's likely nothing more serious and something that I likely do have control of still at this point. The Saturday before this all started to happen I was listening to Accoustic Cafe' on the radio and Buddy Miller was the artist this episode. He talked about his triple bi-pass surgery that he'd had not that long before and how he's acquired a new treadmill to hang clothes on and aloud to drink more red wine. He joked but you could tell he was taking it seriously. Serious as a heart attack.

More breaks at work (any would be nice), more good quality time with people who are important to me, more time to meditate and read the Gospels, more exercise, more rest, more red wine (like breaks at work, any would be more).

Complete us, oh Lord, and leave us not wanting. Thanks is not enough for Your forgiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home